Thursday, June 02, 2005

The Not So Long Saunter

Every morning, rather most of the mornings, I happen to go to the Office by walk. It is definitely not a long walk, however long enough to satisfy my own self, as back home in my country I would never have walked this long. Of course to be honest, I feel very bored and lazy, when I realize that I need to walk early in the morning for twenty five grueling minutes. However, by the time I come out of the apartment, I generally feel “It is not bad after all Ram, you know you can make it”.

The last two thirds of the walk is the portion that anyone can enjoy, provided the person is a nature lover. I would not call it the most scenic place in the world, nor are there an assortment of greenery and flowers. However, the little change from the sheer buildings in the first part of the journey to a wide spread of greenery and the increase in the number of tress would make you feel better. Also a particular small portion where an awesome mixture of colorful tulips is a must see sight. You can never admire the beauty if you travel in a car. It is in such walks, that you get time to enjoy nature. You will have to leave alone all your issues and troubles and devout your sight and thoughts to Mother Nature.

I really am a great lover of flowers and those botanical beings which are of all sizes and colors never fail to attract me. It really does not matter if the flower has an associated fragrance! I know not the names of all the flowers that I see, but I know to smile back at them, when they bloom and lay in the ground waiting to be admired.

The sun comes out very fast in the June sky, here in Utah and nowadays it is hotter. However it is not too hot to relinquish your morning walk. It is no longer the season of tulips here, but it is of roses. You name a color and I will show you a rose flower in that color. Oh! Yes, such is the diversity of their colors. Many gardens have a potpourri of roses and most commonly they form a sort of a separation between houses!

Now it is not these wonderful natural beauties alone, that make your walk so amiable, but also the man made jog track. Most of the mornings I see few people walk or jog in this jog track that lies only a few feet away from the pavement. Sometimes you do see people who smile at you, some say their Good mornings and few others with a charming “How do you do? I am doin Good”, conversations. These are very small things, however it makes you feel so much better. A stranger wishing you a very good morning, asking how are you doing, the flowers smiling at you, so much of greenery and the wide range of trees, they do give you a peace of mind and they make your heart light.

If you happen to find a not so long trail to saunter and enjoy, do not fail to make it a habit to walk – and if you have your loved ones near by accompanying you for the walk, I would re quote an apple a day saying to “A walk a day keeps the doc away!”

With more thoughts…

2 comments:

Vidhya Rajesh said...

This is a very refereshing piece... Reminds me of those few days, when i walked around the Apt complex or to office ...
Did you ever try the round-about route to the office ?? ... the one that goes behind the apt complex .... Try that and i am sure you would love it ...

Kumari said...

Hmpf! And all the fuss you ppl threw for "the walk" at 4pm :p